Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Optimistic

#6 Team UNO vs. #2 Volleyball Team
Semi Finals (Purple Bracket)
Court 2 8:00 P.M.

On Tuesday my team (Team UNO) beat #3 Findin' Dogs in the first round of the tournament, this was a very big win because the last game we played they beat us by 20. We returned to the basketball court on Tuesday night still riding our "high" from the win on Thursday and were prepared to get another win. The Volleyball team held the lead the entire game, at one point we were within four points but eventually they pulled away with some timely 3 pointers. After the game I kept thinking, "We could have beaten those guys." My high school basketball team experienced many "L's" and not enough "W's" and after every loss I always thought to myself, "We could have beaten those guys."

Now am I being to optimistic here, or am I just being oblivious to the fact that we got beat by the better team? I believe anybody or any team can beat the "better" team if they know that they can. Best example for this happened in 1980 when the men's USA hockey team beat the Soviet Union, AKA The Miracle on Ice. I truly believe a team with a strong, focused mental drive can beat anybody that steps in their way.

I decided to find a Far Side comic due to popular request:





This was the first Far Side strip I experienced in my life, I think it was on somebody's shirt. The beauty behind Far Side is Gary Larson draws one picture to get his humor across.

Spring Break is coming up next week, looking forward to a good time with family and friends. Big City Burrito will be a frequent stop for me.

Time for some Halo 3 pawnage...

No comments:

Post a Comment