Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I have $10, which burrito joint do I go to?

I felt the need to talk about this after I got done talking to Mrs. Duerre of Olympia, Washington the other day. My argument is based from Colorado, so for those of you who do not know which burrito joints I am talking about I am sorry.

1. Big City Burrito (BCB)
This is a Colorado original, starting in Fort Collins and expanding to many other locations located throughout Northern Colorado. My burrito of choice from here is:
JalapeƱo cheddar tortilla, cheese, potatoes, pinto beans, corn salsa, and ranch.
The potato burrito from BCB is to die for, the ranch dressing oozes out with every bite, the jalapeno cheddar tortilla wraps the wonderful mixture of contents inside, to die for. It will always top Qdoba and Chipotle because it’s original, who else has a potato burrito on their menu??? The combination of potato and ranch will meet and go beyond any expectation.

2. Qdoba
Qdoba is home of the great chicken/steak queso burrito. Here is my regular burrito:
Pinto beans, chicken/steak, rice, queso, corn salsa, sour cream, and cheese.
The mixture of warm cheese and beans with the cooling sensation of rice and sour cream creates an explosion in your mouth with every bite.

3. Chipotle
Another Colorado original, starting in Denver right next to the University of Denver, but that is about as far as my compliments go. The meat is very tender, which is good, but to many spices added to it. The burrito itself will come across as bland and boring compared to the great BCB and Qdoba. Not to mention that the chicken burrito is one of the unhealthiest things anybody can eat out of the three burrito joints. I struggle with Chipotle, it may be because I had the other two burritos before trying a bland Chipotle burrito, or it could be the fact that it’s just not that great.

What I’m trying to say is….Big City Burrito and Qdoba are so much better than Chipotle.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!

Off to some good sleep in a full size bed…

No comments:

Post a Comment